Headquartered in Johannesburg, Dimension Data was founded in 1983 at the inception of networked communications with a simple vision – to do great things. Dimension Data is a specialist IT services and solution provider that helps clients plan, build, support and manage their IT infrastructures. Today we are positioned at the forefront of networking and communications in 49 countries on five continents around the world.
In October 2010, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NTT), one of the largest global telecommunications service providers, acquired 100% of Dimension Data plc for GBP 2.1 billion, making Dimension Data a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NTT Group.
By continually building on our knowledge and expertise in IT infrastructure technologies, Dimension Data has become a global leader in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure services and solutions.
Drawing on our 12 383 strong employee base, backed by a solid track record of 28 years, Dimension Data applies its expertise in networking, converged communications, security, data centre solutions, Microsoft and contact centre technologies. Our unique skills in consulting, integration and managed services to create customised solutions that ensure our over 6,000 clients achieve their business goals.
Dimension Data at a glance
• Founded in 1983 and headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa
• 2010 revenues of $4.7 billion
• A client base that spans all industry sectors including financial services, manufacturing, media and communications, travel, transportation and real estate, and public sector.
• Over 12,383 highly skilled employees
• Established global footprint coupled with unrivalled experience in emerging markets
• Strategic partnerships with leading technology vendors, including Cisco and Microsoft
• Recognised industry leader with 93 vendor and industry awards in 2010