The Interfaces & Business Applications team is looking for Java Developer/System Engineer(s) to extend the development overall effort on its product portfolio. There are Junior Developer, Developer and Senior Developer profiles to be filled. As a Developer/System Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team environment where your professional skills in Java & J2EE will be crucial to the delivery of mission critical financial software to the global financial industry following structured development approaches such a waterfall or agile methodologies. Under the guidance of a local Site Manager and a European Developer Manager, you will undertake development activities of medium to high complexity related to software components of the Alliance Portfolio products, either new modules or extending existing ones. Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development environment and will actively contribute to delivering software to the quality expectations of our customers. The output of the development team is a product that is delivered to the qualification team for acceptance before being made generally available to customers for integration into their financial operational environments.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Design, develop, integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems;
- Analyse detailed system factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware/software requirements, kernel settings, …;
- Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed solutions;
- Participate in the definition and implementation of software components in collaboration with third party software providers;
- Prepare operating procedures;
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members;
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations to customers on systems;
- Where appropriate, write system documentation and operating procedures;
- Supporting the delivered software and being part of a 'Center of Expertise' problem solving team.
University degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience Experience
2 to 5 years of experience in systems development for the Junior Developer profile Professional knowledge and expertise
The candidate should have had relevant exposure to the development of highly scalable, resilient and secure software.
Knowledge of the following components is essential:
Familiarity with development and integration using SWIFT Interfaces products for SWIFTNet InterAct, FileAct, FIN and SWIFTNet Browse is a strong asset Soft skills
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Planning and organising
- Quality orientation
- Team orientation
- Open communication