Worldline , an Atos company, is the European leader and a global player in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new-generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to the end consumer. Key actor for B2B2C industries, with 40 years of experience, Worldline is ideally positioned to support and contribute to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organised around three axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing Services & Software Licensing. In 2013, Worldline's activities within the Atos Group generated (pro forma) revenues of 1.12 billion euros. The company employs more than 7,200 people worldwide.
Software analyst and development engineer
Within the Technology & Products division, you will be part of a team working on the development of platform software for the POS (Point Of Sale) payment terminals. The platform software is a software layer (middleware) between the Operating System of the POS and the payment applications. Worldline products are based on propriety developed platform software or are Android based.
As you will help defining, analysing, developing, validating and documenting the platform software. Developments include the development of the functionality and (automatic) unit testing and (automatic) functional testing within the test framework (using PyTest) which is developed in house. You will cooperate with a flexible development team consisting of colleagues in Belgium and abroad, which means that good communication skills are essential. You can even act as an engine to drive developments/changes/… We will expect you to be able to direct the course of development activities carried out by colleagues both at home and abroad. Our development methodology is based on Agile/Scrum and you will be an important player in driving the Agile/Scrum application.
- Development and adding features of terminal management components on existing terminals platforms
- Perform the integration of these components within the demo application and maintain it
- Assuring the maintenance of the existing components build in C/Java
- Studies and analysis related on components
- Assure the quality by unit testing & writing scripts in the global test framework
- Assist in the execution of the manual tests
- Technical documentation of the components (C & Java)
- Provide third level support as required for customer integration
- Evaluate change requests
- Engineer or Software developer (Master degree) with a drive for knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent programming skills
- Coding skills: C, Python, Bash, Java, C++ is an advantage
- Linux, eCOS and Android
- Synchronous and asynchronous programming
- Knowledge about PyTest
- Agile/Scrum knowledge or a strong interest to become an “Agile/Scrum leader”
- Experience in software development for embedded systems, including tooling (by preference in POS environments)
- Strong aptitude for analysis, a results-oriented worker
- Innovative attitude and technology minded
- Excellent team spirit
- Dynamic driver
- Outstanding communication skills (French or Dutch and good command of spoken and written English)
Added advantages :
- Telecom background is an advantage (WLAN, GSM, Bluetooth, …)
- Secure programming techniques
- Solid background in security (hardware and/or software) and applied cryptography
Working at Worldline is above all choosing an exciting job. On top of that, we offer a large number of training hours and a career path open to changes. You’ll also find a very good work-life balance and interesting extra-legal benefits. Indeed, in addition to an attractive salary, Worldline also provides for an annual bonus, a Sodexo card (equivalent meal vouchers), ecocheques and a large insurance package (hospitalization, pension, disability, death). The office near Evere is easily accessible by public transport and flexible hours system exists.