Orange Belgium is one of the leading telecommunication operators on the Belgian market, with over 3 million customers, and in Luxembourg through its subsidiary Orange Luxembourg.
As a convergent actor, we provide mobile telecommunication services, internet and TV to private clients, as well as innovative mobile and fixed line services to businesses. Our high-performance mobile network supports 2G, 3G, 4G and 4G+ technology and is the subject of ongoing investments.
Orange Belgium is a subsidiary of the Orange Group, one of the leading European and African operators for mobile telephony and ADSL internet access, as well as one of the world leaders for telecommunication services to enterprises.
Orange Belgium is listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange (OBEL).
Collaborates with Account Managers and Sales Managers to provide the high quality technical commercial part of a feasible tailor made solution that is consistent with the customers/prospects needs, based on validated Orange internal and external building blocks and in line with the Orange capabilities and strategy.
Manages as a bid manager the overall tendering process for complex opportunities leading a transversal project team to ensure correct deliverable in time.
Key responsibilities Area:
Play a proactive and a consultative role towards the customers and prospects during the definition and elaboration of their telecom and business needs and during the preparation phase of their tenders, in close collaboration with the Account Managers and Sales Management.
- Analyze, define and qualify the customer needs during the sales cycle using Solution Selling Methodology and translate them into a high qualitative and customized offer based on validated Orange internal and external (via partners and integrators) building blocks.
- Play a significant role as a consultative advisor and technical-commercial expert, in team-up with the Account Manager and Sales Management, in the creation, the presentation and negotiation of non-standard technical feasible proposals in order to fully cover the customer’s or prospect’s telecom and business needs and to maximize the chances to close the deal.
- Take the lead in the overall bidding process of complex opportunities: Identify the different contributors and set-up a project team according to the deliverables, manage the project team, consolidate the contributor’s inputs into a consistent and customized proposal and organize validation platform. Prepare Bid/No Bid recommendation based on :
- Cost calculation and P&L
- Risk analysis towards Mngt
- Full feasibility study & validation of content, timing and cost
- Requirements of products/services to be developed
- Be accountable for the Customer experience during and after delivery by having the solution validated by the right departments concerning content, budget and timing of the project and by handing over all information towards Business Solution Delivery Manager and Customer Service Manager during internal kick-off after contract signature. Follow up of ongoing implementation and take corrective actions (internally and/or towards customer) if needed.
- Be the internal and external ambassador for the Orange roadmap and provide feedback on market trends, pricing and other evolutions to the Marketing department.
- Direct sales and wholesales Sales forces (professional level): customer needs analysis, collaboration with sales for bidding process of complex opportunities, customer presentation and closing.
- B2B Business Unit Management for reporting of key strategic accounts
- Marketing (professional & management level): Market trends impact regarding the current products portfolio and roadmap.
- Customer Service Managers and Business Solution Delivery Managers (professional level): SLA definition & validation of specific KPI’s related to the Customer invoicing, Customer reporting, call centers.
Validation of the operational aspects of the project management in order to ensure successful implementation and to guarantee seamless customer experience.
- Legal and regulatory: Validation of legal & regulatory aspects related to RFP’s and complex bids.
- ITN (professional & management level): detailed network information and customer specific detailed designs.
- All operational departments (Customer Service Managers, Business Solution Delivery Managers, Business Support, Back Office teams, Provisioning, …) Validation of the operational aspects of the project management in order to ensure successful implementation and in-life to guarantee seamless customer experience.
- External Interactions : Accounts (decision makers): customer requirements qualification, solution and offer presentation, support to sales closing
- External Interactions: Ericsson (Bright) for all issues related to access feasibility, indoor coverage solutions, capacity issues, etc…
- External Interactions: OLO’s for connectivity quotes.
- External Interactions: align with existing partners and qualify new partners in case of a complex project and negotiate all technical & organizational issues.
- Telecom: In depth knowledge of the Mobile (GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS,WIFI,...), Fix voice (ISDN, VoIP, ,..) and Fix Data (TCP/IP, MPLS, Ethernet,,…) technologies.
- Broad background knowledge in ICT. Experienced view on the implementation and roll-out of applications on Mobile and Fix networks.
- Commercial: Strong commercial bases in order to qualify, present and support the sales forces during the closing phase of the project.
- Knowledge of corporate strategy, processes, policies, products and markets
- Strong process management approach.
- Excellent project management skills in order to translate the opportunity into a project structure with deliverables, to follow-up their evolution, to document the project; to report to the management.Solution selling skills.
The Senior Solutions Architect contributes to the sales achievements. He/she manages projects with a life cycle value of a few millions of Euros, i.e. a monthly value of 10 KEur to 100 KEur.
- University degree (Master degree) in engineering, marketing or economics
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar function or in a Product Marketing role.
- Strong knowledge of products, technology and market
- Perfect trilingual (Dutch, French & English)
We offer you a competitive salary package, bonus, net allowances, insurances, company car and meal vouchers.