Are you enthusiastic about the technical side of digital communication and do you keep up with the latest developments in that area? Do content management systems hold no secrets for you and would you like to act as a point of contact for questions about the website and the intranet? Are you website editing, search engine optimisation (SEO), web analytics and online communication right up your street?
If so, we’d love to meet you, a true specialist in digital communication!
BESIX’s Corporate Communications & Events department wants to expand the team as it faces major challenges in the area of external and internal communications. The complete redesign of the group website and subsites is one of the key projects to which you can make a contribution. The input of an expert is also needed for the expansion of the intranet and the development of commercial e-tools.
This could be the ideal opportunity for you to make your mark on the group’s online communications!
About the job
In this role you will be at the interface of communications and technology. You will be responsible for developing and managing the various websites of the BESIX Group which are to be redesigned, as well as for the development of the Intranet. You will have an input in decisions about content, structure, functionality and design. You will identify, advise on and carry out continuous improvements in the area of SEO, SEA, social media, web analytics and usability.
You will work closely to support colleagues in the team and other departments within the group, both web editors who mainly add content and those who are responsible for the final editing and publication. You will draw up guidelines, procedures and checklists for the various content management systems (CMS) and roles and maintain them.
You will maintain contacts with external specialists or technical consultants. You speak the language of the developer and are capable of reporting, discussing and solving bugs with the right party. You can also translate the requirements of the organisation into the right technology and communication tools and give a clear explanation of them to your colleagues. You follow the latest trends in digital communication and implement them where relevant.
This is an independent and responsible position in which focus on quality and process monitoring play an important role. You are proactive, a team player and service-oriented. Would you be interested in joining our team as a webmaster?
What are we looking for?
- A degree in communications/marketing/graphic design
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- A strong interest in digital communication & marketing
- Expertise with content management systems, preferably SharePoint, Drupal and/or Sitecore
- Knowledge of HTML 5 and js-query, Adobe CS5 ou CS6, WordPress, Prezy, Prezly, Mailchimp, website editing, search engine optimisation (SEO), web analytics and online communication in the broadest sense
- Knowledge of image processing (Photoshop) with an eye for design and usability
- Knowledge of Indesign would be a definite advantage
- Analytical, precise and organised
- Affinity with business software and web technology
- A team player with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of French, Dutch and English