Dimension Data is simply a great place to work. We are a global leader in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure services and solutions. At Dimension Data, we have identified five major reasons why our people want to work for us:
- They get rewarded for their efforts
- They have the opportunity to work with brilliant people
- They form part of a global footprint
- There are opportunities to grow their careers
- They are part of the Green technology revolution.
At the moment we are looking for a Security Support Engineer to help maintain our cutting-edge technology solutions.
What we will expect you to do:
- You will provide a service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
- You will remotely troubleshoot our clients security infrastructure, servers and related applications
- You will be responsible for the progression of customer problems from initial referral to their resolution.
- You will ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard you will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- You will perform both first & second line diagnostics.
- You will do the call logging and follow up within our CRM System (Siebel).
- You will do the call logging and follow up with vendors and other 3rd party companies.
- You will ensure correct escalation procedures are followed on all critical customer calls and requests.
- You will liaise with the Help Desk and Consultants to ensure swift resolution of faults.
- You will report to the OPS Manager and Managed Services Manager ensuring all issues are brought to their attention
- You will comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by Dimension Data and the client when relevant.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
- You are an university graduate, or a high school technical graduate, in IT.
- You have minimum 2 years working experience in a similar position
- You have good understanding of networks on a component level, network protocols and knowledge of how back-office products are integrated into a network is essential.
- You have the knowledge of Cisco or other major networking vendors and /or technologies
- You have thorough knowledge in Security infrastructure (CheckPoint, Juniper, RSA, ..)
- You are highly proactive and committed
- You have good communication skills.
- You are supportive, client-oriented and well organized.
- You strive to meet and exceed SLAs at all times
- You have eye for detail
- You have proven priority management skills
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and have a good level of English
- You have the willingness to be on stand by out of hours
- You are willing to increase your technical knowledge by self-training.
- You demonstrate Dimension Data’s core values of Clients, Teamwork, Professional Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect & Diversity which is essential for a successful career
If you want to work for a diverse, exciting and growing company, then you have to look no further. Contact us today!
Primary Location: EUR-Belgium
Recruiter: Tony Janssens