Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
An exciting opportunity has now become available for the right individual to join us and take on an exciting role as Data & Analytics Senior Consultant to further establish Avanade as a trusted partner to our customers.
Our Business Intelligence capabilities currently cover the full BI lifecycle and include formulating BI strategy, building business cases, solution design and assurance, implementing enterprise-wide BI and Analytics solutions using the Microsoft Business Intelligence software stack and running outsourced analytic solutions.
The Avanade Analytics senior consultant is working on Business Intelligence engagements, providing professional advice and technical expertise on complex and often challenging projects. He/she will take the lead in implementation projects acting as functionally and technically skilled project driver and system expert.
The role contains a variety of aspects:
- Identifying client issues where Business Intelligence can deliver tangible benefits, shaping solutions and using them to deliver rapid improvements in performance to meet business needs
- Business analysis – engaging with client stakeholders at all levels, in both business and IT to drive out and prioritize requirements
- Designing and delivering Business Intelligence solutions for clients, utilizing the full Microsoft Business Intelligence stack; including ETL, data warehousing, OLAP and reporting/analytics tools, and associated infrastructure considerations
- Data management design, including the description of data models, processes, and high level architectures including enterprise data management and governance
- Daily management of a project team while sharing expertise
- Act as a subject matter expert while being able to bridge with other Microsoft technologies and solutions
- Be the customer’s daily point of contact within the framework of solution deployment
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Participate in the hiring of new permanent staff
- Higher degree in engineering, IT, economics or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in implementing and delivering Data & Analytics solutions (Microsoft Technology)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently communicate (verbally and written) to all levels of the business from operational to executives
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and work with a culturally diverse population
- Ability to make decisions and deliver even within ambiguous situations
- Exposure to non-Microsoft BI tools is an enriching plus
- A solid knowledge of reporting tools
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French