Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Customer and Retailer applications team at TME is responsible for building and/or maintaining all customer facing applications throughout the European Region (40+ countries) for both Toyota and Lexus brand.
The team designs, develops and hosts websites, Mobile apps, Signage and any other IT tools exposed to customers (either for online use or via usage within the retailer network).
In addition the team coordinates local market initiatives and developments to make sure they are compliant and compatible with the central tools & hosting.
- Central coordination of all development activities related to Digital consumer facing applications.
- Understand ongoing activity for all the development efforts and make sure agencies are working towards agreed direction and standards.
- Interface with the Enterprise architecture team to ensure standards remain relevant for ongoing and future projects.
- Maintain an overall view on quality of the webenvironment. Make sure there are no contradictory activities between the various teams. (keep eye on the global direction)
- Manage both internal and external ‘suppliers’, report on progress and evaluate performance frequently in terms of code quality, deliveries and professionalism.
- Make sure to do proper risk analysis for any and all releases.
- You are fluent in English (TME business language) and a strong communicator.
- You have good knowledge and experience of web development and related industry standards.
- You are able to mentor web developers in the adherence to Toyota technical direction and code standards.
- You are an experienced Project manager able to lead small/medium sized technical teams.
- You are able to translate functional and non-functional requirements in an application design.
- You have a master in Computer science (specialization around web development) or equivalent by experience in a similar position.
- You know about all mainstream cloud technologies and platforms.
- You have experience in Agile development, DEVOPS principles, continiuous integration and overall quality and testing techniques.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- have excellent communication skills
Place of employment:
- Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office,
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.