BELGIUM – ESRI, ArcFM, Intergraph, G-Technology, GE Smallworld, Google Maps; OGC standards, WMS/WFS; Google maps, mobile applications; .Net (Visual Studio, C# TFS) or Java (JEE 5+, Flex 4.X, HTML5); Maven, Jenkins and Eclipse; SQL and Spatial RDBMS – Dutch/French/English
For our service line GIS, Capgemini is looking for technical GIS software engineers, with experience in developing business-critical graphical applications.
You will support our customers in analyzing, designing, implementing and testing GIS solutions in national and international organizations.
In collaboration with your Project Manager, you will be responsible for the quality of the solution you develop.
As a GIS consultant, you will manage the scope and quality of your own development activity, coach other engineers on challenging missions, or assume responsibility over a team of developers while remaining responsible of the overall integration of the solution.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master degree with a large software engineering component in the curriculum
- Experience in software engineering and development, preferably with graphical applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft or Java development environment:
- .Net environment:
- Visual Studio
- C# and the .Net framework
- Continuous integration tools (Team Foundation Server)
- Java environment:
- Java tools: Maven and Jenkins and Eclipse.
- MVC pattern.
- .Net environment:
- Knowledge of network topology and data models; Experience with the implementation of utility GIS (geospatial asset management) solutions, such as Intergraph G/Technology, GE Smallworld, ESRI ArcFM
- Innovative spirit; hands-on exposure to new technologies and trends (OGC standards, WMS/WFS; Google maps; mobile applications; personal navigation)
- Preferably knowledge and experience with one of the leading GIS packages (ESRI, Intergraph, Google Maps) and their APIs
- Preferably experience with the ESRI ArcGIS desktop software, and ESRI ArcObjects framework
- Knowledge and some experience of SQL and (spatial) RDBMS
- Knowledge and experience with the Python language (and knowledge of the Esri ArcPy library) is an asset
- Capacity to grow rapidly
- Consultant profile : flexibility in assignments/ working for different clients
- Team player
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent oral communication skills in French, Dutch and English
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially in surrounding countries (FR, UK, NL)
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight
- Working with other GIS addicts and customers in challenging and complex GIS missions in Belgium and abroad
- Wide range of training and learning opportunities
- A good salary package