POLITICO is looking for an entrepreneurial, results-oriented salesperson to join our dynamic and growing Advertising Sales team. The position is based in POLITICO Europe HQ in Brussels. POLITICO is a pioneering and growing media company that covers the politics, policy and personalities of the European Union.
Roles & Responsibilities
We seek an experienced, talented and smart candidate who works proactively to achieve business objectives while maintaining a culture of collaboration, development and achievement. The Business Development Manager position is a mid-level sales position with the primary objective of developing new accounts, building relationships and growing revenue.
The ideal candidate will:
• Scan the market and develop strategies to acquire new accounts
• Manage the inbound lead process
• Build and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities to achieve sales results
• Develop proposals and conduct sales presentations for integrated public affairs campaigns across multiple platforms such as advertising, sponsored content, events and conferences
• Embody the successful brand presence of POLITICO in the market, represent POLITICO at member briefings, network events and industry conferences
• Thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Show initiative and a desire to grow within the role, not only taking on, but creating new opportunities
• 3-5 years of professional experience, including business-to-business sales • Experience in meeting or exceeding high sales targets and managing client relationships • Entrepreneurial mind set and strong client services ethic • Excellent oral and written communication skills to be used in presentations and written memos
• Interest in and understanding of current political and policy issues is a plus • A university degree is required
• Entrepreneurial mind set, outgoing nature and a can-do attitude
• Ability to prioritize and recognize business critical matters
• Ability to multitask and have a flexible, adaptable working style
• Experience in consultative selling with the ability to craft insightful solutions as we problem solve for our clients
• Fluent English, written and spoken, and any other European language
• Understanding of the public affairs ecosystem and advertising market trends
• Experience with the Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint to be used in presentations
• Exposure to Salesforce or other CRM tools is preferred
• Interest in and understanding of current European political and policy issues
• Sense of humor
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
POLITICO Pro is POLITICO’s premium real-time policy news service, designed to provide policy professionals with the fastest and most reliable intelligence. Pro keeps professionals ahead of the curve on all legislative and regulatory issues that are important to their work. Pro currently provides in-depth coverage of twelve different policy areas.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Please apply via OnlySalesJob