Worldline, an Atos subsidiary, is a global player and the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. Worldline delivers new generation services, enabling its customers to offer smooth and innovative solutions to their end customers.
With 40 years of experience as Key actor for B2B2C industries, Worldline is ideally positioned to support and contribute to the success of all businesses and administrative services in a perpetually evolving market. Worldline offers a unique and flexible business model built around a global and growing portfolio, thus enabling end-to-end support. Worldline activities are organized around three main axes: Merchant Services & Terminals, Mobility & e-Transactional Services, Financial Processing & Software Licensing.
Worldline employs more than 7,200 people worldwide. In 2012, the company’s activities within the Atos Group generated (pro forma) revenues of 1.1 billion euros.
Context of the job
As a leader in end-to-end services for critical electronic transactions, Worldline is specialized in electronic payment services (issuing, acquiring, acceptance, terminals, card and non-card payment solutions & processing), as well as services for financial markets.
Payment Acquiring is concerned with managing electronic payment transactions through payment terminals (“Banksys terminals”), eCommerce (web shops), ATM’s and mCommerce (MBanxafe) for brands like Bancontact/MisterCash, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, Sodexo … and requesting real-time payment authorizations to the card issuers worldwide. Today we process 1.4 billion transactions per year, with peaks of 10,000 transactions per minute.
Delivery Unit “Financial Processing – Service Acquiring” (FPS-A) is providing with business services to merchants such as electronic payments, on-line authorizations & capture, merchant payments, reporting to merchants and Merchants information repository . FPSA functionally & technically describes new services or updates to current services, develop and maintains solutions and supports operations.
The role of a software engineer is to translate functional requirements into technical solutions, develop and monitor development by offshore teams, deliver and configure solutions on test & production environments, support test, deployment & production teams and permanently strive for work environment and solutions performance improvement.
This is a challenging position for high potentials with a degree in IT. He/she is a liaison between functional analysts, offshore development teams, testers, production support. The role requires good communication and coordination skills as well as technical skills. The SE operates in an international environment. Office location is Brussels
- Draw system design & detailed technical description of critical payment solutions for our customers
- Develop & integrate application components (C/C++ environment)
- Support test team and quickly fix problems raised by test team
- Monitor offshore development team activities :
- Transfer knowledge about applications, technologies, new developments, best practices, processes
- Organize & control day-to-day activities
- Validate work delivered (technical documents, code, scripts, test results)
- Is fully accountable for monitored work
- Build & deliver product release packages, and support installation (major & micro-releases)
- Lead production deployment events on site (mainly during night)
- Analyze problems raised by customers or production support, find and implement a solution (mostly in an emergency / crisis context with high pressure, stress and quick results expectation)
- Improve our productivity & quality assessment tools such as development workbench, test automation tool, performance test environment, release delivery process
- Propose & analyze application improvements (performance, robustness …)
- Coordinate / administrate small changes development
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology, Engineering or related fields, minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in IT, in C or C++
- Knowledge in the payment or banking industry would be an additional asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to communicate complex technical information in an easy-to-understand way; able to provide with feed-back (+/-)
- Fluency in French and English, or Dutch and English
- Able & willing to work in an international & multi-cultural environment
- Structured and organized, with good interpersonal skills
- Autonomous and proactive
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Result-oriented individual who appreciate working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effectively manage simultaneously occurring tasks and are adaptable and flexible to the dynamic needs of large projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- We require good knowledge of C/C++, Unix tools and XML/XML schemas as well as knowledge of the use of a versioning system. Additional knowledge of SQL Oracle DB will be considered as a plus.
- Willing to work in a high pressure on-call environment and occasionally outside of normal business hours (our real-time systems are running 7/7, 24/24)
Our offer :
Working at Worldline is above all choosing an exciting job. On top of that, we offer a large number of training hours and a career path open to changes. You’ll also find a very good work-life balance and interesting extra-legal benefits. Indeed, in addition to an attractive salary, Worldline also provides for an annual bonus, a Sodexo card (equivalent meal vouchers), ecocheques and a large insurance package (hospitalization, pension, disability, death). The office near Evere is easily accessible by public transport and flexible hours system exists.