IT Center EMEA consists out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure. Within the IT Infrastructure team, you belong to the IT Infrastructure Development section. This section is responsible for the implementation of the infrastructure Projects and Change Requests to support the Daikin EMEA business.
After introduction and training, these will be your key tasks:
- Implementing (planning, design, testing) new updates and changes to the existing environment and managing migration and implementation projects.
- In doing so, it will be necessary to work closely together with other team members and our dedicated IT technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes, defining details of the implementation and test scenarios and drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Organize and participate in the hand-over to the IT operations section (responsible for maintaining and the supporting the systems after go-live).
- Monitoring the (Project) budget.
The following key-technologies are already in use:
- Server infrastructure (VMware, Cloud IAAS, Windows..)
- Storage & backup (NetApp, DataDomain)
- Networking and security (Cisco, Checkpoint, F5..)
- Business Applications are for the biggest part based on SAP.
- Other: Avaya (telephone, …), Microsoft Office365 Collaboration tools (Email, Office, Sharepoint, …)
Standardization and consolidation are key-words in several on-going projects in order to construct the most lean IT architecture, balancing cost and performance, for the whole EMEA region. Other projects target the introduction of new technologies to improve the working of our business.
- As master you are fascinated by computer sciences or you have a master degree in informatics or equivalent.
- Preferably you already have knowledge of some of the above mentioned technologies or at least you have the eagerness and the capacity to quickly absorb the knowledge of them.
- Preferably you have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an IT project.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Zandvoordestraat 300, 8400 Oostende