British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too!
For our offices in Belgium, we are now looking for a Key Account Manager!
- To develop the account strategy for defined BE Food & Convenience accounts, to drive the development and execution of account plans and to monitor performance vs set targets in order to deliver against Company Plan objectives
- To build sound relationships with must win accounts through effective engagement programs
- To ensure consistency and strict adherence to the way of working in line with the key account fundamentals
- To maximize effectiveness and efficiency of available resources – such as people, budget, systems - through forward planning, prioritization and clear decision-making
- Support the Country Sales Manager Belgium in defining a short / medium (Operational plan) and long-term strategy (Company plan) for Key Accounts in order to ensure a clear understanding of their decision making processes, strategy and expansion plans.
- Recommend operational plan and cycle plan activities in line with the account strategy in order to achieve set targets
- Ensure the development and implementation of mid/long-term key account plans in order to maximize volume, profit and share performance in the Food channel
- Drive implementation of Trade activities in key accounts, ensuring that Trade objectives and profit targets are met or exceeded
- Contribute to monthly review cycle through participation in Cycle Planning Meeting
- Assess business performance of BAT and competitors in key accounts in order to enhance effectiveness of developed Trade activities
- Identify issues and define necessary operational changes to be implemented for key account activities in order to enhance activity results
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume of products are achieved for the customer segments, propose goals and KPI’s and track ongoing results. Formulate contractual payments policy
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• University degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years marketing/sales experience in a similar function, preferably in an FMCG company within an established multi-national environment
• Previous experience in account management required
• Proven track record of dealing with senior members of third party organisations
Functional Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, negotiation skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Create and drive first class initiatives to exploit smart opportunities
• Ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines in a constantly changing environment
• Native Dutch, French and fluency in English.
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to operate independently whilst being results-oriented
• Reach sound, decisive decisions to difficult problems by using an appropriate mix of insightful analysis, experience, intuition and judgement
• Developing and maintaining relationships with clients and commercial partners
• Effective communication and presentation
• Working knowledge of all inter-related company functions including Supply Chain, Marketing Finance, IT, Customer Service, External Affairs, Legal, HR and the management of agencies.
Key Success Factors:
The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
• Product availability/visibility
• Customer satisfaction targets
• Timely implementation of activities
• Service level
• Delivery against key account targets
• Shared accountabilities in terms of sales volume and market share