British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organization with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too!
British American Tobacco BeLux is now searching for an Area Sales Manager Border and Nightlife to join our offices in Belgium!
- Develop and implement the trade marketing strategy for defined Belgian borders and Nightshop channel, in line with the marketing strategy, by coaching and accompaniment of the Trade Marketing Representatives, in order to excite and train the retailers on the BAT portfolio, with the end goal to grow on volume and market share.
- Ensure the necessary organizational structure and resources to deliver identified brand and trade programs.
- Motivate, coach and drive a team of representatives in order to achieve objectives.
- Development of Nightshop & Border strategy in order to achieve our cooperate targets.
- Drive implementation of the company and strategic channel strategy in order to achieve KPI’s (coverage, call rate, distribution, facing share, volumes and market share) and cycle plan objectives.
- Explore and recommend the organisational structure supporting the developed strategy
- Cluster universe (use trade and research data) in order to allow best use of resources focusing on value-adding trade activities.
- Ensure definition of resource needs (human and financial) fitting a long term winning strategy.
- Set up field activity plan in order to exploit our GDB strategy:
- Create a solid database of customers (incl. volume data) and set up a coverage plan
- Together with the Sales Support Executive; set up an activity plan with clear objectives, including financials and define the optimal ways of working for each activity
- Set up visibility and/or pay-for-performance programs/contracts of GDB
- Support the Field Force Manager in designing and developing plans for the 2 strategic areas, with the eye on long term business growth (based on key priority parameters ranked as follows: profit / volume / GDB market share)
- Be able to coach and guide TMRs in order to excite and train retailers and/or their staff on all trade marketing principles.
- Recommend Operational Plan and Cycle Plan activities in line with strategy.
- Contribute to development of initiatives in order to leverage the visibility and the positive image of BAT within trade.
- Drive regional meetings and debriefings.
- Drive team to implement Operational Plan. This includes:
- Implementing all field activities on time and within budget
- Ensuring data integrity
- Using reports to reach objectives
- Developing plans to optimise team’s efficiency
- Using all information tools
- Ensuring adequate stock management
- Managing budget efficiently
- Contracts Partnerships
- Consumer Dialogue Engagement to build up database on consumer profile
- Support implementation of account deals in the field as defined by account management Belux guidelines
- Set up field activity strategy in line with Nightshop & Border approach (dimensions, focus areas) ensuring:
- Set up clear strategy of field approach
- Preparing and implementing all field activities on time and within budget
- Respect field coverage plan
- Data integrity
- Detailed reporting per activity to Trade Support and Account Management
- Ensure adequate stock management and use of all tools
- Close follow-up of Key Accounts
- To build relevant knowledge on accounts in order to improve the market knowledge.
- To ensure implementation of the key account programmes and activities
- Manage, direct, coach, appraise and develop an efficient and effective Sales Representative team through on-job training, motivation and staff development in order to deliver brand and trade programmes that are superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services, create an efficient company culture and organisational structure which promotes a winning organisation and establish succession planning for BAT.
Key Success Factors:
- Development of solid, sustainable strategic plan
- Successful implementation of the new strategy
- Channel-specific trade engagement programme recommendation
- Resource allocation definition (human & financial)
- Achievement of key strategic objectives
- BAT Share growth within the area
- GDB Share growth within the area
- Optimization of ROI
- Growth in key Brand Health Indicators (CDF, ASU30 share) for focused brands
- Achievement of operational objectives
- Distribution and coverage (and financials)
- Timely implementation of trade/brand programmes in the channel
- Drive spirit, motivation and development of the team.
- Development of 1st class representatives
- Clear customer database coverage (min. 90% of volume)
- Follow up and next step development
- Area performance (and team performance) awareness amongst (Sr) Stakeholder
- Higher education, by preference within commercial Economy
- Minimum 2 years' experience in commercial and people management roles.
- Verbal and written fluent in English, Dutch and French
- Proved selling and relationship skills
- Computer literacy (Windows office, DB software (Siebel))
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- People Management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong executional skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Consumer engagement and understanding of the consumer decision tree.
- Ability to develop strategies and translate them into clear action plans
- Knowledge and understanding of Marketing principles and approaches
- Retailer knowledge and understanding in a broad perspective.
- Drive and commitment to achieve outstanding results
- Driver’s license
Apply online on our career page www.bat-careers.com!