Keywords: open linked data, semantic technology, semantic web, knowledge engineering, big data
Technologies Area: Ruby, Java, Scala, EmberJS, RDF, SPARQL
Team: Dacota One
Projects: EU-ESCO, NATO, Big Data Europe, Your Data Stories
The Dacota One team is that part of Tenforce most likely to open its own “genius bar”. Focused on semantic technologies, our people are either content experts with background in history, arts and linguistics or brainy knowledge engineers with academic ties and strong interest in innovation, tech experiments and research projects.
What you’ll do?
As a Software Engineer on board of Dacota One, you'll write great code, execute on your ideas, improve our micro service architecture, challenge the status quo and generally make things better, always keeping it simple!
What are we looking for?
- Great development skills in Ruby, Java, Scala or similar as well as with front-end framework like Ember.js
- Well-built engineering skills with full-stack development experience (web + services) and a passion for Open Source.
- Strong problem solving skills, you are adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Delivers high quality code with just the right amount of documentation, testing and automation
- An interest in Big Data and Semantic Technologies (RDF, SPARQL)
- Solid Computer Science education or equivalent experience and
- living in Belgium (or willing to relocate asap)
Projects you’ll be working on are innovative, challenging and have high impact: working with the European commission to improve job mobility across EU, getting involved in a European research project to build an affordable and flexible Big Data architecture for SMEs or implementing machine learning algorithm to predict the life cycle of produces in retail stores. And that’s just to name a few of them!
What else it’s in for you?
- Discover the next new thing. Join us and be part of the tech progress.
- Retro console games night + free pizza;
- Excellent pay & coffee. Fresh fruits. Friday morning cookies.
Want to find out more? Contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org