The support engineer will be mainly responsible for the maintenance of the Company’s ERP and other IT systems. Next to that, installing & maintaining hardware and dealing with network issues are part of the job. The role reports into the Group IT Manager and is based in Antwerp Belgium.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
- For the ERP suite (JDEdwards, Operra (for Barley procurement), LIMS (for quality management) & the Weighbridge solution), ensure the “business as usual” support through issue analysis, design, testing & implementation of fixes; as well as solving issues in the interfaces connecting the different solutions.
- For the ERP suite, be involved in the preparations (analysis, design, testing, set up of user authorisatons) for the continuous rollout within the group (to UK, Ire, Hungary & Croatia).
- Play a key role in report writing (Data Access Studio)
- Play a key role in system upgrades and software releases.
- Ensure structured documentation of all software solutions & procedures
- Ensure installing of hardware: mainly laptops and desktops yet also servers, AD accounts, group policies
- Manage the support of the telephony central (maintenance & upgrades)
- Provide (at least) analysis of network issues, suggesting solutions and following up issues to resolution, liaising with the network team in France
- Plan, execute & check the daily tape backups for all servers
- Test disaster recovery plans
- Support & train users with any software, hardware, connection, …issues
- Structurally plan activities, align on requested input from others and clearly report status to management.
Focus of the support is on the sites of Antwerp, Gembloux (Belgium) & Issoudun (France). Given the multi-site nature of business, occasional travel to the other group sites is part of the role.
The person we are looking for…
Has a proven experience of (min 4 years) in support
- In manufacturing & sales industry
- showing deep experience in & understanding of business processes & concepts in procurement, sales, production, quality & finance domains
- configuration and use of ERP system & data flows
- installing hardware
- providing support on network issues
Has a strong applicable knowledge and experience of/in (min 4 years)
- Interfaced environments (XML, SSI)
- SQL databases
- MS Access/VBA
- service desk environments directly supporting end users, using ITIL methodology
- hardware installation & network set up and maintenance
- Infrastructure knowledge of Veeam ware
- planning, analysis, development, testing and implementation of IT changes/programs.
Has the resilience and personality to succeed in a small IT team.
- Positive mindset and service minded
- Independent, creative and analytic problem solver
- Strong written & oral communication skills to build the relationships with users, colleagues and stakeholders
- Technical knowledge to individually identify, trace and resolve problems
- A curiosity and drive to understand our business and improve our processes
Speaks fluently English & Dutch. Knowledge of French would be an important plus
Is living within 45 minutes driving distance from Antwerp.