Business Development Manager Smart Infrastructure
Proximus is the leading telecommunications company in Belgium and a market leader in a number of areas, including fixed-line telephony services, mobile communications services and broadband data and Internet services.
Proximus EBU wants to strengthen it's capabilities to be a major partner in Digital transformation for customers in the Corporate and Medium Enterprise market.
Our customers are always on the move, just like ourselves. Digital transformation drives and transforms their business. Proximus EBU aims to be a digital transformation partner for our customers in 5 key solution areas : Advanced Workplace , Smart Infrastructure , Integrated Business Applications , Security and IT operations and Analytics.
In this context, Proximus is looking for high impact profiles that can act as thought leaders and trusted advisors for our customers, developing their strategy and roadmap with them in one or more solution areas, ultimately leading to more business for Proximus.
More specifically we are looking to hire a Business Development Manager for Smart Infrastructure and SDx (Software Defined Lan, Wan and Datacenter).
The Business Development Manager (BDM) - Smart Infrastructure has the following main responsibilities:
* Evangelizes our Smart Infrastructure strategy and portfolio at CXO level
* Increases market awareness by all means : customer visits, events , workshops , social media etc
* Integrates the benefits of SDx within the customer value chain, showing an end to end understanding of its business
* Develops and maintains trusted relationships with existing customers influencing their strategy , roadmap and partnerships,by understanding their needs, drivers and concerns
* Maintains a solid understanding of latest ICT industry and market trends and customer needs and more specifically in Infrastructure and SDx
* Develops mid to long term business ( Seeding ) ( 6 - 18 months) for Proximus but not short term transactions
In this role :
* You first understand and analyze the needs, drivers and concerns of the customer.
* You engage proactively with customers and are not afraid to challenge their beliefs and way or working
* You influence and develop your customer's strategy in collaboration with internal and external resources (e.g.: AM , Presales , Consultant, Solution Sales …) including specialists from our ICT affiliates
* You pilot and guide the customer in adopting a smart, intelligent, software defined infrastructure in a step by step approach
* You shape and steer strategic projects in long sales cycles together with AM and solution sales
* You collect useful customer/market input and provide feedback for our solution portfolio and roadmap
* You act as a thought leader and advisor not only towards customers but also internally coaching more junior people in the organization (at content level, but not people management )
* You are a team player and pioneer in a cross-departmental approach.
* You are capable to steer long term projects and when mature forward them to "short term "sales people capable to monetize …
* High value oriented professional used to dealing with complex ICT needs (technology, services, processes)
* You have a bachelor or master degree
* Preferably more than 7 years' experience in an ICT landscape (working with customers, vendors, ISV's, integrators,…)
* Solid understanding of the latest trends in the IT landscape, more specifically in ICT infrastructure, SDN , SDA, SDWAN i.e. a shift from hardware to software (virtualization)
* You are very goal oriented and persevering;
* You are stress resistant;
* You have experience with stakeholder management;
* You are communicative and assertive externally and internally to federate resources on specific opportunities.
* You have negotiation skills;
* You are trilingual: FR, NL and EN;
* You are a challenger and dare to make decisions;
* You are a team player.
* You have experience handling CRM & Funnel reporting tools
A professional and stimulating working environment in the ICT sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and international level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.