A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Architect to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Workplace Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK.
The TA will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements, as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements. As a senior team member a Technical Architect has responsibility for providing technical leadership and direction to the team as well as providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies. They will also have governance and assurance responsibilities, as well as influence over strategic direction and team development.
As a predominately client facing consultant you need proven skills in designing and implementing Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies to both the private and public sector throughout the UK.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression.
- Lead the technical elements of pre-sales responses
- Host customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
- Provide solution assurance and governance
- Complete and assure technical designs
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Technically manage the design and implementation of large scale, complex solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2.
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised.
- Keep up to date with current and future market developments, competitors, technologies, products and strategies
- Quality assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a multiple technology solution.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce / update all assignment documentation
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Define solutions, technologies and standards to blueprint best practice within the technology tower.
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
- Develop relationships with partners and vendors to enhance opportunities and capabilities for the practice
- Provide thought leadership at a company and industry level
- Mentor other consultants
The Ideal Candidate
- Practical experience of using a consultancy framework / methodology
- Extensive experience of presales, RFP responses and determining customer requirements
- Ability to design complex technical solutions
- Multilingual, to include fluency in English, French and Dutch - oral and written.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues
- Ability to provide input into bid, project and technical documents
- Ability to input into business case development
- Negotiating skills
- Extensive presentation experience to large audiences
- Extensive consultancy experience in a similar organisation
- Detailed product knowledge of the following technologies;
- Desktop deployment experience – enterprise deployments of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Desktop configuration experience (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,) – Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Deployment Toolset(s) – System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch, SCCM 2012
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment knowledge – Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010
- Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker or relevant disk encryption software / Security Compliance Manager (SCM) / security baselines for the client platform
- Directory Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
- Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
- Microsoft Professional Qualifications – additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- Intune and Enterprise Management Suite
- MS Security Products – Windows Defender and Defender ATP
- 1E – Windows Servicing Suite, Nomad
- Desktop virtualisation – Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, VMware View
- OneDrive for Business
- MS Exchange / Skype for Business
- Technical Architect – Workplace (Physical Desktop)
- Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
- Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel