In order to strengthen our HR Department, we are currently looking for a fulltime “Health & Safety Manager” at our head office in Brussels
Tasks / responsibilities:
Their job is to act as an advisory body for the company and its staff. They must ensure that the internal occupational health and safety management system (IOHSMS) is operational, always adapting it to the legislation in force, while ensuring its correct implementation and updating.
She/he will manage the occupational risks and advise other departments, creating culture and involving all roles and functions.
- Through the Regional/HR managers supervise and control the maintenance of records and files required by current legislation, as well as the system itself.
- Organize training and information (develop and implement training system)
- Organize or elaborate risk assessments in all workplaces (General risks, fire, psychosocial, ergonomics…)
- Organize health monitoring services and medical checks.
- Implement and monitor systems for the reporting and investigation of accidents.
- Leading the Employee Representative Relations (Constitute and chair Health & Safety Committees)
- Identify the needs and coordinate the provision of all safety equipment to different teams and workplaces
- Monitor and review environmental conditions (Noise, Temperature, lighting…) and organize specific assessments when needed.
- Maintenance of management system standard ISO 45001.
- Ensure and report on legal compliance in matters of Health & Safety.
- Coordinate awareness and training campaigns in Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Promotion of employee wellbeing and coordination of healthy initiatives.
We are looking for a person with experience, preferably specialized in the retail and /or fashion industry. It is problem solving profile with very good communication skills (FR&DU), very organized, a team player with good relational skills.
- Experience in completing health and safety management audits against ISO 45001 and implementing action plan to meet audit findings.
- Experience of working in a health and safety role at a similar level and bringing about culture change within an organization is an added-value.
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring to develop health and safety knowledge and expertise.
- Experience in successfully managing projects.
- Level 2 prevention advisor required, Level 1 is a plus.